1. Contact Information
  2. *
  3. *
  4. *
  5. *
  6. *
  7. *
  8. *
  9. *
  10. Vehicle Donation Information
  11. *
  12. *
  13. *
  14. *
  15. Vehicle Location
  16. Additional Information
  17. *
  18. Add More

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams

No charities in this category! <- all states

How To Donate A Car In The State of Alaska


Alaska state bird: Willow Ptarmigan
Alaska state flower: Forget Me Not
For more information:

Donating a car in Alaska is easy, fast and free. When you donate your car, pick-up is done quickly, often within one business day. You can donate a car, boat or RV in the state of Alaska regardless of its condition.

When you donate a car in the state of Alaska, your car donation will allow you to claim a tax deduction through the charity’s tax classification with the IRS. Donating a car directly to charity is the best way to ensure you can claim your vehicle as a tax deduction. Besides that, donating a car directly to charity is the only way to be sure that the proceeds of the sale of your car donation go directly to the charity.

When you are ready to donate your car, boat or RV in the state of Alaska, the quickest way to begin is to have the title. If you do not have the title to your intended vehicle donation you can apply for a replacement title. You must apply for a replacement title prior to donating your vehicle. To obtain the necessary forms you can visit the website of the Alaska Motor Vehicle Department.

When you are ready to donate your car, boat or RV, in order to properly transfer title in Alaska, you will need to sign on line 1 on the front of the title. At the top of the title in the state of Alaska there will be a ‘release of liability/notice of transfer’ form which can be torn off after completed with the name of the organization you are giving the car to. You will need to sign and mail it to the address indicated on the form. This form is important in releasing liability of your vehicle donation and keeping a copy of it for your personal records is recommended. The state of Alaska does not require titles for snowmobiles, ATVs and boats.

In order to release liability of your vehicle donation you will need to complete the ‘notice of vehicle safe for transfer’ that is attached to the bottom of the title. You can bring this to the Alaska Motor Vehicle Department or mail it to: State of Alaska, Division of Motor Veicles, attn: mailouts, 1300 W. Benson Boulevard STE 200, Anchorage, Alaska 99503-3600. For more information you can consult the Alaska Motor Vehicle Department website.

The state of Alaska permits you to transfer the license plates of your vehicle donation to another vehicle in the same class or destroy them.