1. Contact Information
  2. *
  3. *
  4. *
  5. *
  6. *
  7. *
  8. *
  9. *
  10. Vehicle Donation Information
  11. *
  12. *
  13. *
  14. *
  15. Vehicle Location
  16. Additional Information
  17. *
  18. Add More

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Charities in KS:
Goodwill Industries of Kansas

<- all states

How To Donate A Car In The State of Kansas

Kansas City
Dodge City
Great Bend
Junction City

Kansas state bird: Western Meadowlark
Kansas state flower: Sunflower
For more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas

Donating a car in Kansas is easy, fast and free. When you donate your car, pick-up is done quickly, often within one business day. You can donate a car, boat or RV in Kansas regardless of its condition.

When you donate a car to charity in the state of Kansas, your car donation will allow you to claim a tax deduction through the charity’s tax classification with the IRS. Donating a car directly to charity is the best way to ensure that you can claim your vehicle as a tax deduction. Besides that, donating a car directly to charity is the only way to be sure that the proceeds of the sale of your car donation go directly to the charity.

When you are ready to donate your car, boat or RV in the state of Kansas, the quickest way to begin the process is to have the title. If you do not have the title to your intended vehicle donation you can apply for a replacement title. You must apply for a replacement title prior to donating your vehicle. To obtain the necessary forms you can visit the Kansas Division of Motor Vehicles website. The state of Kansas does not require a title for snowmobiles, ATVs, boats, farm equipment and trailers that weigh less than two thousand pounds.

When you are ready to donate your car, boat or RV, in order to properly transfer a title in Kansas you will need to sign on line one on the back of the title. If the vehicle is or was financed then the lien holder’s name will appear in the legal owner section. The lien holder’s signature is required on the face of the title on line 1 as well. If you need further assistance in transferring title you can contact the Kansas Division of Motor Vehicles.

In order to release liability of your donated vehicle in the state of Kansas you should consult the Kansas Division of Motor vehicles website for assistance. You may also call the Kansas Division of Motor Vehicles at (785)296-3621.

The state of Kansas requires that you surrender your license plates to your county treasurer. You may mail in a Notification of Sale form along with a $10 filing fee to the Department of Revenue address listed on the website. Checks only are accepted in payment of the $10 filing fee.