1. Contact Information
  2. *
  3. *
  4. *
  5. *
  6. *
  7. *
  8. *
  9. *
  10. Vehicle Donation Information
  11. *
  12. *
  13. *
  14. *
  15. Vehicle Location
  16. Additional Information
  17. *
  18. Add More

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Charities in MT:
Easter Seals-Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain

<- all states

How To Donate A Car In  The State of Montana





Big Fork






Montana state bird: Western Meadowlark

Montana state flower: Bitterroot

For more information:

Donating a car in Montana is easy, fast and free. When you donate your car pick-up is done quickly, often within one business day. You can donate a car, boat or RV in Montana regardless of its condition.

When you donate a car to charity in the state of Montana, your car donation will allow you to claim a tax deduction through the charity’s tax classification with the IRS. Donating a car directly to charity is the best way to ensure that you can claim your vehicle as a tax deduction. Besides that, donating a car directly to charity is the only way to be sure that the proceeds of the sale of your car donation go directly to the charity.

When you are ready to donate your car, boat or RV in the state of Montana the quickest way to begin the process is to have the to the vehicle you intend to donate. If you do not have the title to your intended vehicle donation, you can apply for a replacement title.  You must apply for a replacement title prior to donating your vehicle. To obtain the Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title you must contact the Montana Motor Vehicle Division.  The form must be mailed along with a $10 replacement fee. With the exception of mopeds, all vehicles require a title in the state of Montana.

When you are ready to donate your car, boat or RV, in order to properly transfer a title in Montana you must sign in the middle of section 2 line 1, to the right on the front page of the title where it reads ‘Statement of Lien Satisfaction’. The owner(s) are solely responsible to release the liability of the vehicle. If there is an ‘and’ conjunction on the face of the title all owners are required to sign on the title in order to release title. If there is an ‘or’ conjunction, only one of the owners is required to sign in order to release the title.

In order to release liability of your donated vehicle in the state of Montana you can contact the Montana Motor Vehicle Division for assistance. You can consult their website at or you may call them at (406) 444-3933.

For assistance with handling the license plates of your donated vehicle you can contact the Montana Motor Vehicle Division via their website at or call them at (406) 444-3933.